This week we are going to talk about Spray Tans! Now being from Essex, most people (not all unlike the stereotype) like to have a golden glow and I chatted to the Beauty Yard’s Sophie to get all her top tips, so let’s go!
First up: Prep, this is an extremely important step that will ultimately determine the end result of your tan and here’s how to do it right!
- Shave or complete your hair removal at least 24hrs before your tan, to ensure your pores close up properly
- Exfoliate your body focusing on dry areas such as elbows, feet and knees
- Ensure all your makeup is removed to allow for a perfect tan
Now lets talk about the tanning process at the salon:
- Before you go to the salon make sure you are wearing loose dark clothing, have some flip flops and aren’t wearing any deodorant, moisturiser or other scented products as these can affect the colour of the tan
- Once you arrive you will meet your spray tanner, be taken to a therapy room, left to remove your clothes, apply sticky feet and sometimes a hair net, you may also be given paper knickers
- Your therapist will then return, giving you instructions on positions to stand in so they can tan you, the tan will be cold, and you will probably be a bit sticky, your therapist will most likely dry you off a bit!
The last part of spray tan is the aftercare, this is key in prolonging your tan!
- Shower at least 8hrs (for most tans some are less, some more so check with your spray tanner) after spray tan
- When showering don’t use any products or rub your tan, pat yourself dry and moisturise
- Make sure you moisturise after every shower
- When the tan starts to go patchy or fade exfoliate to ensure a gradual fade
So that’s all you need to ensure you get a perfect spray tan!
Next week I’ll be sharing my review of Glam Glow face Masks!