This week’s post is Easter themed! I’ve got 2 easy chocolatey recipes for you all to try!
First up is super easy: Mini Egg Easter Nests
You will need: a glass bowl, a pan with boiling water (to melt chocolate with), 2 big bars of Dairy Milk, Shredded Wheat, Cupcake cases and Mini eggs plus any other decorations you fancy!
- Break the chocolate into glass boil and place over the pan of boiling water for chocolate to melt(ban marie). Take the bowl out of pan.
- Break the Shredded Wheat into the melted chocolate until you are happy with the consistency.
- Spoon into cupcake cases, top with Mini Eggs and other decorations
- Pop into fridge to set, then enjoy!!
The second recipe has slightly more steps but so worth it!
You will need(makes 8):
-100g plain flour -2 tablespoons of Cocoa powder -140g Caster sugar -1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder -40g unsalted butter -100ml of milk -1 egg -1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence/extract -8 mini Creme eggs(frozen) -4 Creme eggs cut in half (for decoration) -1 tub of Betty Crocker vanilla or chocolate icing (whichever you prefer) -Cupcake Cases
- Pre heat oven to 175 degree celsius, put 8 cupcake cases into a muffin tin
- Put the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, butter, milk, egg and vanilla extract in a bowl and whisk until all ingredients are well incorporated
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of mixture into the cupcake cases to form a base, then put 1 mini creme egg on its side in the middle of each case.
- Evenly spread the remaining mix between your cupcakes making sure the egg is covered
- Bake in the oven for 15-20minutes, leave to cool
- Once cooled, ice your cupcakes and top with 1/2 a creme egg, enjoy!!
I hope you all enjoy baking these yummy treats and have a lovely easter!